If you have excellent tips to help individuals and businesses get connected to their customers, then this post is for you. It will help you successfully start your marketing blog and also make money from it.
The demand for space and desire to be seen and heard is on the increase now. Virtually everyone wants to project business and attract customers to their brands.
Though this is one the increase, so many persons are doing it the wrong way. In a bid to get customers and grow a sustainable brand, they end up chasing customers away.
Can you help them? So you have mind-blowing strategies to help business owners successfully get connected to their customers?
That’s great! This blog will show you how to do that. Of course, you will own a blog, and in the comfort of your home, you can share your ideas with a global audience.
With your blog on marketing issues, you help companies and brands easily reach out to their customers using healthy and friendly adverts, without projecting a lousy image. You can do this by giving explicit strategies, how-to guides, tutorials, etc.
With your marketing blog, you can reach a more significant number of business owners, and as a result, you will be seen and heard. You will be known in your field and become a highly sought after personnel. Not only being an expert or authority, but you also have fantastic opportunities for making money from your blog.
Starting a marketing blog can be done by everyone! You just need marketing knowledge and valuable information to give out yo your audience. With that, you’re good to go. It is not confined to any race, gender, or ethnicity. You, as a marketing strategist, can own a blog and drive traffic to it!
So, it’s time to start your blog. Are you ready? Well then, let’s go through the steps.
How to Start a Marketing Blog
Marketing bloggers are already making it today. You don’t have to wait anymore. This guide has especially been created for you!
It’s great to have your awesome content on some platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, WordPress.com, blogger, etc. but these platforms are rented.
You don’t have full rights over your content, and if their policy changes, you may not be able to cope. So what happens then?
You lose your content, energy, time, and so on. This is pathetic!
So, what do you do?
Start your marketing blog! This is your space online, and you have the opportunity to create your policy, post your desired content, and control every activity there.
It’s your blog; You own it.A lot of persons run away from blogging because they feel it’s tasking. Well, in as much as blogging comes with its tasks, this guide has especially been made for you too have wonderful blogging experience. Click To Tweet
You don’t necessarily need to be a web designer or a programmer. Virtually anyone with knowledge of the internet and some tech gadgets can do this.
So, are you ready to start your influential marketing blog that will reach millions out there?
Let’s get started!
- Find your marketing niche
- Launch your blog
- Create content
- Generate enough traffic
- Monetize your marketing blog
Find your Marketing Niche
As a marketing blogger, you don’t have to write about everything. You’re not a generalist! Trust me; if you make your blog general, you will never go anywhere because you don’t have an audience. You’re practical “everyone’s blogger.”Before starting a blog, take out time to find out what works and where you can locate your target audience. Click To Tweet
Your niche will give you the right audience as well as the solutions to their never-ending problems. It will make you an authority and expert in your field. To solve problems, you have to be specific and look out for what businesses want and how they can easily reach out to clients.
Having a niche will make you focused on. Having so many ideas without being specific will make you lose focus. You won’t be able to write about a particular area, and as such, your blog will lose value—you won’t be able to create well-detailed content.
There are some steps to finding a profitable marketing niche for your blog. Check out these factors:
- Passion, interest, and skills: no matter the kind of marketing you wish to delve into, you need the be passionate about it. If you don’t have a passion for what you want to do, you won’t handle your blog.
As a result of this, you might end up losing your time and energy.
Before choosing a niche, make sure you’re interested in it. Your passion and interest define your “why,” and when you feel like quitting, you will remember why you started in the first place.
Also, you need to have the necessary skills for your blog. If you don’t have the skills, you may end up frustrating yourself and wasting money. To make your blogging experience a beautiful one, learn relevant skills to boost your business.
- Market demand: you will need an audience for your blog, won’t you? You will. So, while locating your marketing niche, you should look out for what people want. Your marketing blog should be able to solve the problem.
Of course, your blog is not for you alone. Do keyword research and find out what your audience needs. It will help you stay focused and develop ways to find possible answers to their questions.
Also, you will be able to generate the right traffic when you know who needs your knowledge, products, or services.
- Competition — in the marketing world, there are tons of other bloggers like you. Don’t ever think you’re alone. This is why you need to know about the competition.
This will help you take note of their weak spots and make you do better. You will also know how to structure your content uniquely.
If you’re going for a very competitive niche, it will take a very long time before you scale through. It may not be so easy for you to beat those at the top. A less competitive niche, however, will lessen your burden.
16 of the marketing niches you can start while blogging.
- Traditional marketing: just as the name implies, it shows marketing in the old era, where billboards, prints, and television ads were still in vogue. If you’re into this, you might want to consider where your target audience is and supply useful content.
- Outbound marketing: this marketing strategy deals with flooding your audience with your products—it is outbound. In doing so, your audience will have to make their choice and select the best among the rest. If you’re well-grounded in this area, you can start a blog on it.
- Inbound marketing: this is the opposite of outbound (you know that already!). In this category, the audience goes in search of the products and services. Using defined measures, the company can attract her audience and make them seek their products or services.
- Digital marketing: this is the opposite of traditional marketing. In digital marketing, clients are brought closer to brands using various marketing strategies online. It involves the use of so many techniques to capture the interest of the public.
- Search Engine Marketing: This marketing is based on search engine rankings. Using well-defined strategies, you can promote a product and make it rank high on search engine pages.
- Affiliate marketing: in affiliate marketing, a product is sold, not by the real owner but by someone who receives a commission from sales. There are methods of carrying out this marketing aspect to ensure growth and maximize profit.
These and so many other categories are part of the marketing world. Some others include:
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Voice marketing
- Buzz marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Acquisition marketing
- Contextual marketing
- Personalized marketing
- Brand marketing
You can start with anyone, as long as the right factors are duly considered.
That being said, let’s move over to the techy aspect. It’s time to make your blog go live!
Launch your blog
Once you’ve successfully gotten a niche for your blog, you will need a platform to show what you do. You will have an audience, and they should be able to access your content.
This is why you need to launch your blogging platform, where you will connect better with your audience. Your blog is your online home. With just a single click, you will pass your tips across to your audience.
If you don’t have a platform, you may have the audience but won’t “control” them. There are, however, free and paid blogging platforms. For your marketing blog, I suggest you upgrade to a paid platform. The free ones may not have the necessary features needed for the smooth running of your blog.
With a paid plan, you have access to a lot of features to help you have amazing blogging experience.
With your platform, your audience can easily have access to whatever you wish to share.
Some points you note while setting up your blogging platform include:
- Web hosting: for you to successfully share your strategies with your audience, your blog will have a little house in cyberspace. This is where you need a suitable hosting service. Find a good hosting plan and upgrade your blog to make it go live. For an appropriate hosting service, I recommend Bluehost. It is affordable and easy to set up.
For Hosting: I Recommend Bluehost
- Domain name: this is your blog name (e.g., bloggerlifeline.com). For your marketing blog, you can come up with something great, attractive, and catchy. You might want to think it over because you will have a whole lot of ideas in your head already. Don’t rush it. If you ever get stuck, you can always use a blog name generator.
Just look out for your niche and brand message. Your domain name should revolve around it.
- Installing WordPress: one benefit of signing up with Bluehost is that WordPress—your blogging platform—will be installed freely for you. Also, your blog will need a fantastic appearance. Getting a suitable theme for your blog will not only create an attractive blog but will also boost your blog for a great reading experience.
There are lots of themes out there (free and paid). Get the suitable one and set it up for your blog. If you’re also looking to add functionality to your blog, plugins will help you do that. There are so many plugins available, but ensure to use only essential ones.
These are just the basic things you need to set up your marketing blog fully.
You don’t need to worry about these terms if they seem so difficult to understand. I still got you covered. I have carefully written a well-detailed article on how to start a blog. This will take you to the necessary steps needed to launch your blog and make it go LIVE fully!
For your marketing blog to thrive, you need to feed it with engaging and compelling content. Your blog is as empty as nothing if there’s no content. Of course, your audience needs to be informed about any development in the marketing industry.
The marketing world evolves regularly, and if you’re not updated, you will keep giving out “old news.” Your content should speak life and help your audience attract the right customers to their brands. That’s your aim, and you can do this with detailed strategies, how-to guides, detailed tutorials, etc.
Also, you shouldn’t just create content. You ought to craft attractive, compelling, valuable, and engaging content. You can create your content using various forms:
- Texts — you’re reading this text because it’s “content in text format.” Write about what you do and how it can answer pressing questions. Don’t be too formal in your writing. Avoid the use of ambiguous words. You need to connect with your audience. If you’re to use an unfamiliar word, be sure to explain the meaning to your audience.
- Pictures — pictures they say, speak a thousand words. With pictures, you can communicate better to your audience. Take photos of your products or services and post them on your blog. Your graphics should be bright and clear, not blurry. Make use of a digital camera or a perfect smartphone. If you can’t take clear images, you can always hire a professional photographer.
- Videos — your content can also come in video format. With videos, you can easily communicate your message without much stress. Just like pictures, make sure your videos are clear and sizeable. If they are too large, your site will become so slow. Compress your videos for easy viewing.
You can either use one or a combination of these forms of content. Your main goal is to pass your message in the best possible way.
If you can’t create content, you can as well, hire a content writer to work on your blog.
Before publishing any content, go through it and make sure it’s fit for public viewing. You don’t have to rush it. Take your time to bring out the best.
Don’t worry about perfection. With time you will get better. Just strive to be the best and give room for more learning. It doesn’t happen overnight.
As a marketing blogger, you need an audience to consume your content. While creating content, ensure that you also have plans for generating traffic your blog. Don’t just create content and abandon it there; it’s not for you alone.
It’s so wrong to spend time and effort creating content and have no one to read it. Your blog should get to a global audience and make you known.
If you have successfully generated enough traffic to your blog, you will be seen as an expert in your field. It takes time to build a steady audience, but with consistent efforts, you will get the rewards. You can generate traffic to your marketing blog through these means:
- SEO practices — SEO means Search Engine Optimization. While creating content, you will have to optimize your content for search engines. Do keyword research and know what visitors are continually seeking. You don’t need to be an SEO expert. You need basic knowledge. Check out my post on SEO tips. You will be able to get your blog post to be seen by visitors.
- Social media — you may not be able to rank high on search engines due to the competition. This is why you need to have various social media platforms. Whenever you make a post, share it on your handles, and attract your followers to your blog. It could either be on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. You may not necessarily have accounts on all the platforms; you just have to be consistent and know the right ones for marketing.
- Join various groups: As a marketing blogger, you need to join communities where people like you thrive.
Joining groups and organizations will help keep you updated. There, you can connect with fellow bloggers, share ideas, and seek better ways to grow. These groups can also help to keep you accountable.
- Organize events: you can as well, host events and various interviews on your blog. This will attract a lot of audiences, seeing that you have mastered your art.
- Guest posting: one other method of boosting your brand is through guest posting. Write for other blogs and show what you do. If the audience is attracted to you, they will follow you.
You just have to give out your best.
There are so many other ways to generate traffic to your marketing blog. These, however, will help you get started!
Monetize your marketing blog
It okay to blog for fun and never expect anything I return, but if you’re intentional about what you do and wish to make a living out of it, then you need to consider monetization options.
Indeed, you won’t start making money immediately. You will have to be consistent and put more effort. Your hard work will surely pay off someday.
While blogging, do not always think about making money. You will lose focus. Instead, seek the best ways to make your blog accessible and visible to a lot of individuals. Seek ways to upgrade and bring out quality content.
When it’s time to make money, you will know.
Here are various ways to monetize your marketing blog:
- Sponsored posts
- Digital products
- Google AdSense
- Coaching and consulting sessions
- Paid seminars and webinars
- Guest posting
There are so many other ways you can earn as a blogger. Check out how to make money blogging.
You’re just one step to becoming a dedicated marketing blogger!
Congrats! You have completed this guide on how to start your marketing blog. Don’t stop. Take action now. Get your marketing blog live and create exclusive content. Seek ways to make your blog engaging, attractive, and compelling.
It will take time, but you have to keep doing your best. You will get the rewards soon!
So, do you like this post? Share it now with your friends. Let them know how to start their marketing blogs. Someone might just be in need of it!
Do you have any questions or contributions? Hit me up! I will be here to explain everything. So, what are your plans?
I will be waiting to hear them.