Got a booming business and wish to tell it to the world? Great! You no longer need to stress yourself going about with cards, flyers, banners, etc. (They aren’t bad though.)
But there’s an easier way! Yes, the internet has made business owners more successful and they can now get to their customers (or audience) with ease.
What’s their secret? A blog! A business blog!
This is why I have come up with this wonderful guide on how to start your business blog. This guide will help you launch, build, and make money from your business blog.
You probably have products and services — as a brand. Starting your blog will help you reach out to a lot of individuals and make you an authority in your niche.Your business blog will not only make you known but also, give you various opportunities to make money. You will be heard and seen. Click To Tweet
With your blog, you will help your customers and make them easily access whatever you have to offer. There, you write about your products (or services), the features, and how they can solve your audience’s problems.
Working with a product review blogger, you should know how to market whatever you have. This is because you are in the spotlight and if you don’t properly sell yourself, your blog will never rise to the top.
Take these tips and start your new business blog today.
How to Start a Business Blog
Many persons think it’s difficult to start a blog. This is not true. Blogging is now made easier. With practical steps — which I will show you — you will know the basic steps to owning an amazing blog for your business.
So, do you really want to start your business blog?
Well then, let’s go.
Grab your notepad and take down important details. You will need them later.
Don’t also forget to bookmark this page. You wouldn’t want to miss out on anything, would you?
Now, here are the steps to starting your super business blog:
- Find a business niche
- Launch your blog
- Build your brand
- Create content
- Generate enough traffic
- Start making money
As short as this may seem, it is the bedrock for every successful blog. Now, we shall take a close look at each of them.
Find a Business Niche
Is okay to have great business ideas and now that you’re about to start your blog, you will have to position yourself in the best place to be seen and heard. This is why you need to locate a business niche.
As a business blogger, you don’t have to write about everything. You’re not a generalist! Trust me, if you make your business blog general, you will never go anywhere because you don’t have an audience. You’re practical “everyone’s blogger.”Before starting a blog, take out time to find out what really works and where you can locate your target audience. Click To Tweet
Your niche will give you the right audience as well as the solutions to their never-ending problems. It will make you an authority and expert in your field.
Also, you will be focused on it. Having so many ideas without being specific will make you lose focus. You won’t be able to write about a particular area and as such, your blog will lose value — you won’t be able to create well-detailed content.
There are some steps to finding a profitable business niche for your blog. Check out these factors:
- Passion, interest, and skills — no matter the kind of business you wish to start, you need the be passionate about it. If you don’t have passion for what you want to do, you won’t be able to handle your blog.
As a result of this, you might end up losing your time and energy.Before choosing a niche, make sure you’re interested in it. Your passion and interest define your “why” and when you feel like quitting, you will remember why you started in the first place. Click To Tweet
Also, you need to have the necessary skills for your business and blog. If you don’t have the skills, you may end up frustrating yourself and wasting money. To make your blogging experience a beautiful one, learn suitable skills that will help you boost your business.
- Market demand — you will need an audience for your blog, won’t you? Definitely, you will. So, while locating your business niche, you should look out for what people actually want. Your business blog should be able to solve the problem.
Of course, your blog is not for you alone. Do keyword research and find out what your audience needs. It will help you stay focused and develop ways to find possible answers to their questions.
Also, you will be able to generate the right traffic when you know who needs your knowledge, products, or services.
- Competition — in the business world, there are tons of other bloggers like you. Don’t ever think you’re alone. This is why you need to know about the competition.
This will help you take note of their weak spots and make you do better. You will also know how to structure your content in a unique way.
If you’re going for a very competitive niche, it will take a very long time, before you scale through. It may not be so easy for you to beat those at the top. A less competitive niche, however, will lessen your burden.
8+ business niches you can start while blogging
- Transport — we all move from place to place. You can start up a blog in the transport niche. With this, you will help a lot of travel bloggers, who will need a guide.
You can further niche down to transportation by air, road, rail, or sea. As a transport company, you can own a blog and help commuters find their way and never get lost.
- Technology — the world is going global and as a blogger in the tech world, you wouldn’t want to miss out.
Start a blog and show your latest technological gadgets. Your audience may need your products and your blog is the only easiest place to locate you.
From computers to machines and every other tool used for solving techy problems — your blog makes it easy.
- Agriculture — This is one of the oldest industries in the business world. From the production of food crops to storage, manufacturing, processing, etc.
Farm animals are not left out, too.
Your blog can cover a specific area in the agricultural sector — production, storage, transportation, or marketing of agricultural products. In your blog, your audience should know how they can have access to the numerous goods you already have in stock.
- Education — in the educational world, blogging is one of the many processes that boost and make it known.
If you have a school blog, it will be very easy to pass vital information to students and parents, with just a click.
Also, your school blog will cover details about the school, helping visitors who may have no idea of how it is run.
- Food — the food world is relatively one of the largest. Who doesn’t eat food? Starting a food business, you can become a food blogger. Certain meals can be prepared and even sold to your audience!
Your food blog covers everything you do — cooking, meal planning, budgeting, etc.
- Health care — starting health, fitness, or wellness blog will help you attend to the needs of individuals with various health issues.
You can sell drugs, share health tips, provide vital information about certain diseases, etc. It’s all about the health of your readers.
- Music — The music industry is very vast. Starting a business — and of course, a blog — will expose you to a lot of wonderful opportunities.
Choose your music genre and start blogging! Gather your audience and sell music albums, give entertainment news, offer tips, and engage your audience; it will boost your connection.
- News media — so many things happen daily. People are constantly searching for the latest update on various topics.
The news industry has experienced a great shift from newspapers, radios, TV’s, etc. Everything has now gone online. This is why you need to start your news blog and feed the public with the latest trends.
There are so many other business niches you can blog about. Some include:
Using the factors stated earlier, pick out one business niche, and start your blog to connect better with your audience. You can also choose from other niches that were not listed here.Some of these niches are already broad. You can further niche down to become specific and get the right audience. Click To Tweet
If you haven’t gotten a niche yet, don’t worry yourself. Take your time to think about it. Don’t rush. You will surely get it with time.
So, shall we launch a business blog?
Launch your Blog
Once you’ve successfully gotten a niche for your blog, you will need a platform to show what you do. You will have an audience and they should be able to access your content.
This is why you need to launch your blogging platform, where you will be able to connect better with your audience. Your blog is your online home. With just a single click, you will be able to pass your business message across, to your audience.
If you don’t have a platform, you may have the audience but won’t be able to “control” them. There are, however, free and paid blogging platforms.
For your business blog, I suggest you upgrade to a paid platform. The free ones may not have the necessary features needed for the smooth running of your blog.
With a paid plan, you have access to a lot of features, to help you have amazing blogging experience.
With your platform, your audience can easily have access to whatever you wish to share.
Some points you note while setting up your blogging platform, include:
- Domain name — this is your blog name. It is connected to your business (e.g. bloggerlifeline.com). With a domain name, you get easily recognized and it forms the major part of your brand. If you lack a suitable domain name for your blog, you will lose your audience. Do keyword research and get words related to your business.
- Web hosting — for your blog to run smoothly, it must have a house online. Your hosting service does this. Find a suitable hosting service, upgrade to a paid plan — monthly, biennial, annually, etc. For a trusted host, I recommend Bluehost. It has amazing features and it’s easy to set up.
For Hosting: I Recommend Bluehost
- WordPress —one major benefit of using Bluehost is that WordPress will be installed, freely for you. WordPress is your blogging platform, where all your works are displayed for public viewing. With WordPress, you have access to a lot of themes (free and paid), for your blog appearance. Also, you have amazing plugins to add functionality to your blog.
These are the basic things you need to know about starting your business blog. I still have a piece of great news for you!
I have created a detailed post on how to start a blog. There, you will know everything “techy” on how to set up your domain name, upgrade to a premium plan, and set up your WordPress account.
Don’t forget to save this page before leaving!
Build your Brand
As a business blogger, you are not the only person in your field. There are so many other competitors. This is why you need a brand to stand out. Your blog should be unique and exceptional.
While creating content, be intentional about it. Don’t copy other bloggers’ work. Work on your voice and bring out the best.
Without a brand, you will be lost in the crowd and never seen. One thing that makes you stand out, is your name. It must possess these features:
- Easy to remember
- Memorable and catchy
- Compatible and easily accessible, anywhere
- Avoid the use of numbers and hyphens
- Must relate to your business idea.
These are common tips to help you craft a name for your business. Your business blog must be taken seriously.
For your business blog to thrive, you need to feed it with engaging and compelling content. Your blog is as empty as nothing if there’s no content. Of course, your audience needs to be informed about any development in your business.
You should be able to give information about your products or services. This way, your audience will know what you do and how it solves their problems.
Also, you shouldn’t just create content. You ought to craft attractive, compelling, valuable, and engaging content. You can create your content using various forms:
- Texts — you’re reading this text because it’s “content in text format.” Write about what you do and how it can answer pressing questions. Don’t be too formal in your writing. Avoid the use of ambiguous words. You need to connect with your audience. If you’re to use an unfamiliar word, be sure to explain the meaning to your audience.
- Pictures — pictures they say, speak a thousand words. With pictures, you can communicate better to your audience. Take photos of your products or services and post them on your blog. Your pictures should be bright and clear, not blurry. Make use of a digital camera or a very good smartphone. If you can’t take clear images, you can always hire a professional photographer.
- Videos — your content can also come in video format. With videos, you can easily communicate your message, without much stress. Just like pictures, make sure your videos are clear and sizeable. If they are too large, your site will become so slow. Compress your videos for easy viewing.
You can either use one or a combination of these forms of content. Your main goal is to pass your message in the best possible way.
If you can’t create content, you can as well, hire a content writer to work on your blog.
Before publishing any content, go through it and make sure it’s fit for public viewing. You don’t have to rush it. Take your time to bring out the best.
Don’t worry about perfection. With time you will get better.
Generate Enough Traffic
Your blog is not for you alone. While creating content, ensure that you also have plans for generating traffic your blog.
It’s so bad to spend time and effort, creating content, and have no one to read it. Your blog should get to a global audience and make you known.
If have successfully generated enough traffic to your blog, you will be seen as an expert in your field. It takes time to build a steady audience but with consistent efforts, you will get the rewards. You can generate traffic to your business blog through these means:
- SEO practices — SEO means Search Engine Optimization. While creating content, you will have to optimize your content for search engines. Do keyword research and know what visitors are constantly looking for. You don’t need to be an SEO expert. You need basic knowledge. Check out my post on SEO tips. You will be able to get your blog post to be seen by visitors.
- Social media — you may not be able to rank high on search engines due to the competition. This is why you need to have various social media platforms. Whenever you make a post, share it on your handles, and attract your followers to your blog. It could either be on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. You may not necessarily have accounts on all the platforms; you just have to be consistent and know the right ones to use for your business.
Other forms of generating traffic include:
- Guest posting
- Joining groups
- Connecting with fellow bloggers
Start Making Money
As a business blogger, it is certain that your business should produce profit — you will need money. This is why you shouldn’t just blog for fun. Seek various monetization options to help you fully enjoy the rewards of your endless efforts.
You should, however, note that money will not be the focus. In as much as making money is very important, you also need to make sure that your blog stays true to its message.
Create valuable content that will attract the right audience. This will help you seen and heard. With these, you will be able to easily monetize your business blog.
However, check out these simple monetization options:
- Sponsored posts
- Selling ads
- Creating digital products
- Guest posting
- Coaching and consulting sessions
- Hosting paid seminars and webinars
Don’t worry if these may seem vague. I have already explained them in my post on how to make money blogging. Check it out and note the various ways to start making money from your blog.
Congrats! You’re the newest business blogger! I believe you went through this guide. Your blog is a very important part of your business and as such, should be treated with care.
Create attractive content, generate enough traffic, and monetize! Easy right? Great!
Do you like this article? You can share it on your favorite social media platform. Let your friends know how to start their business blogs!
I’m sure you’ve got something to say — question or contributions. Spill it! I am always here to engage.
Cheers to success!