What is SEO Content Writing?
SEO content writing is made ready for search engines and geared towards optimizing for specific search queries. You don’t just write contents without doing proper keyword research and without in-depth audience insights. The aim is to drive qualified and generate targeted traffic to your blog.
Being a blogger can be such a hectic job, considering the fact that you have to constantly give out to your audience without creating any bad impression on your brand. One big job of every blogger is “writing contents.” Click To Tweet
When you start a blog, you have the task of constantly making endless researches, bringing them together and producing what your audience will be able to easily digest. It is one thing to write blog contents, and another thing to make them solve problems.
Writing entails a whole lot and you, as a blogger (especially a newbie) wouldn’t want to risk that part of your brand. While writing can be a bit challenging, there are so many ways you can structure your content to solve a problem.
If you may not be able to take the risk of having so many errors in your own written contents, you can as well, hire a content writer, who will enable you craft content for your blog.
However, you can actually use the do-it-yourself strategy to come up with your own writes. This is why I have carefully crafted this post specially you, my wonderful bloggers, who may wish to write articles for their “baby” blogs.
These tips are very easy and simple to follow. There are however, no fast-tracks; you still need constant practice as a newbie to understand the dynamics of writing. Click To Tweet
Are you ready to ride with me?
How do you Write Contents for SEO for your blog:
Make Use of your primary keyword in the page title: Your page title is the first important point, the title should include the keywords of what the page is all about
Have the most important keywords in the first paragraph: SEO tricks of content writing show a strong rule to rank with the placement of keywords in the body of the blog article.
Have keyword variations in your article: Learn not to write an article with one keyword and expect it to show up on the first page on google search engine. Google wants a host of keywords placement that indicate content relevancy, so including keyword variations is a way to show Google how it should understand your content.
Make sure to study your blog niche competitors with good on-page SEO content: Before you start writing, search on the topic and pick the first 10 website having that topic and observe. Look at the type of headers used, the content length, the use of bold or italics to map words, the number of headers, the images, alt text, video etc.
How do you create quality for good contents (blog posts):
Before we go into the little tricks of writing good blog contents, you need to understand the qualities of a very good one. If your articles are not good enough, you are sure to have less readers and visitors.
Here are some basic qualities every content should posses:
- Must be unique: Every article carries a message and as such, must be unique. No two articles are the same. They may however, bear one message, but the method and flow of passage has to be different.
It entices the readers and make them come back, knowing that they are getting something new; not just reading one article over and over again.
- Must NOT be too long: Articles are not books! While writing, have the mindset of creating a word limit. Every good article range from 600 (mini-posts) to 2450 (highly researched posts). When posts exceed the standard range, the reader will sometime lose interest (especially when written shabbily).
- Must be open: While writing your blog post, ensure that you don’t force your opinions down the throat of your readers. Be open enough to relay your message and look for strategic means to convince them, if necessary.
- Must NOT be too ambiguous: When you structure your words, keep them as simple as possible. Don’t try to lift words from the dictionary. Your audience can be anyone, you wouldn’t want to give him or her the stress of going through the dictionary to find every word to used, would you? Learn to keep your words simple, to enable your audience achieve maximum clarity.
- Must relate with them: Your article must be able to solve a problem. While doing that you shouldn’t make them look like they are relating with a bot. Learn to add a human touch to your writing.
- Must be easy to read: Every article is written to be read by someone, somewhere and as such, you should make your writing spaced out to give enough room for the white space. Paragraphs should be used appropriately.
- Must be error-free: Seeing so many errors in a single article, can be a great turn-off. While writing, do ensure to read and edit your work to avoid unnecessary errors. If possible, hire an editor who will assist you and make your work easier.
- Must be well researched: As a blogger, you don’t have to give your audience half-baked works. Before clicking the “publish” button, ensure that your facts are correct and true. This is to avoid unnecessary arguments, especially in a controversial topic.
These and so many more are the qualities of a good article.
Now you’ve known how a good should look like, let’s go over to the process of crafting one, shall we?
How do you write a good content structure:
Before structuring your blog post, you must know your audience. This will enable you have a focus and plan your writes correctly.
1. Use Headlines: Every blog post must come with a compelling headline, to gain to attention of your readers. It can be a “how to” headline, testimonial headline, the “best” headline, and so on.
This is just to attract your audience and have them read your article while telling them in the shortest format, the message you’re trying to relay.
Your headline must not be too long. Cut down every unnecessary element and summarize to a minimum range. Also, avoid the use of clickbaits. If your message doesn’t agree with the headline, ignore it.
2. Introduce your message: Most of your audience may not have any idea concerning your article. It is therefore, your job as a blogger and writer, explain what they are likely to see while reading, in the introductory part of the blog post.
3. Subheadings: Who would love to read a 1,000-word article without a subheading? Very few can do such. While writing, you need to take your audience along with you.
Place subheadings where and when necessary to help keep your article neat and well sectioned. Subheadings act as guide and makes the reading a pleasurable experience.
4. Use bullets or numbers: When writing lists, ensure that you do so with either numbers, or bullets. They help separate your article points and make them well spaced. Adding bullets, also makes the reader enjoy the ride.
5. Use images: These too, are veey important in every article. Just as the popular saying: “A picture speaks a thousand words,” adding an image to your article, helps your audience blend better with your message.
6. Conclude and the call to action (CTA): After structuring your article, you have to summarize your points and give a final suggestion as to the message you have relayed.
After conclusion, you need to engage the audience by telling them to act on a particular thing which may be best beneficial to you. It could be to purchase a book, course, sign up for a class, get a free gift, follow all social media accounts, and so on.
7. Optimise your content: While writing for your audience, also ensure that it js well optimized for search engines. The knowledge of SEO, will help your content rank higher and will be easily accessible to so many audience.
Here are some tools you should use to optimize your content:
- Google trends
- keywordword everywhere
- Google Keyword planner
- Yoast WordPress SEO plugin
- Rank math SEO plugin etc..
These tools will help you access words that can fit better in your article and niche.
Writing articles is one way to keep your blog flowing consistently. Having a good knowledge of what it takes to craft content which can be useful to your blog is one big step to your success.
While writing, ensure that it is fit for your audience, and also fit for search engines. Avoid plagiarism, you can always do better!
Now you have taken that bold step, you are ready to write! Kindly like, follow and share our social media handles. Don’t forget to invite your friends too.