If you love food and so wish to tell people about it, you can now do it with an even easier method! Yes, this amazing guide will show you how to start a food blog and make money from it. Isn’t that beautiful?
It’s a wonderful thing to know how to cook mouth-watering meals and fix great recipes. But would you always end up in the kitchen?You can take your kitchen online and show your audience what you do. Click To Tweet
This is why you need to start a good blog. Your food blog will help you reach a lot of individuals and help them with certain foods which may seem difficult to prepare. Also, you will be seen as an expert in your field.
Moreover, you have so many ways to make money even while doing what you love. Yes, you can make money while you blog about your favorite meal, and so on.
So, while blogging for fun, you have monetization options too! All of these can be done in the comfort of your home.
So many persons are scared of blogging; they think it’s too tasking, hence they ignore it. This is why I have come up with this explicit post and everything is well explained. And even if you’re not so techy, you can still do it!
Just follow these steps and watch how successful you will become, as a food blogger.
Now, shall we start a food blog?
Splendid! Grab your notepad and let’s blog!
How to Start an Amazing Food Blog
Blogging sometimes can be very tasking and if you don’t know basic tips to help you out, you can become overwhelmed. To avoid this, you need to know how successful bloggers started.
This is why I have compiled this explicit guide, to help you start your food blog with ease.
Let’s see the steps:
- Pick a food niche
- Launch your blog
- Create content
- Generate traffic
- Monetize your food blog
Pick a Food Niche
Good blogging is so vast that you can’t cover everything in one single blog. You need to have an area of specialization. So, before starting your blog, you need to locate a food niche.
Your niche is your domain. It is where you “rest.” Your niche will help you differentiate yourself from other bloggers.
Everyone has a style and is unique in his or her own way. You will need to find yours and work on it. Sometimes, this can be very tasking, seeing that you know so much already. This, however, can be resolved by using these tips:
- Passion, interest, and skills — in locating your desired niche, look out for what you’re passionate about. Blogging is a long-term activity and if you are not happy with what you’re doing, you will get tired, easily.
Your passion defines your “why” and this is what keeps you going, even when you feel like quitting. If you’re not interested in foods, blogging will seem like a herculean task. This is why you don’t need to put so much focus on making money, at first.
Also, you need to have the necessary skills for your niche. You should know how to cook, plan meals, and craft explicit recipes. With these, you will be able to give valuable content and attract the right audience.
- Market demand — your blog needs an audience and as such, your niche will determine that. If you’re looking for a profitable niche, it should be something that people want.
You should be able to give apt solutions to your audience’s problems. If your food blog niche doesn’t solve any problem, then it’s not needed.
Do keyword research and know what’s in the market. You should have the knowledge of what people are looking for. If it’s a well-known niche, then you can go into it. This will take off the stress of always struggling to get the audience for your blog.
- Competition — one major factor that affects the growth of your blog is competition. If you find yourself in a competitive niche, it may be a bit difficult to generate enough traffic to your blog.
Of course, there are thousands of other bloggers in your niche; you’re not the only one. If it’s a less competitive niche, you may be able to grow faster.You need to know your competition, so as to devise a healthy blogging strategy. Click To Tweet
If you don’t know who’s in the market, you won’t be able to have a good plan. Know your competitors and look for ways to do better.
These factors should help you locate a profitable niche for your food blog.
5 food blogging niches
- Lifestyle — certain foods are loved by certain people. Your food blog could help your audience adjust themselves to their feeding habits. You could be a lifestyle food blogger and write about your favorite foods and how you prepare them
- Pantry — this deals with cooking ingredients and utensils. Which is your favorite? Pick out various ingredients or utensils and show your audience how to use them.
- Wellness — collaborating with either a Fitness food blogger or health food blogger, you will have to give out healthy feeding habits. If you wish to weight loss food blogger, you should know the right foods to give out. Write about how various foods can affect the health of your audience. Also, list out the dangerous foods that should be avoided.
- Cuisine — various foods are prepared differently in various places. Know how a particular area prepares a particular meal. You could also be a travel blogger in this field. Visit places and take note of different cuisines. This is fun!
- Meals — write about meal planning for breakfast, lunch dinner, etc. You can also plan meals for families too. Know how to make budgets for preparing certain meals.
There are so many other niches in the food industry; however, you can start with these, if you know the best content to give out. Start working with what you can easily do. Don’t forget to use the factors stated earlier.
Launch your Blog
If you want to share your wonderful food ideas with the world, you will need a platform for that. Your blog does this.
When you have launched your food blog, you will be able to easily give out your content at the comfort of your home. When your audience accesses your blog they will be able to see whatever you post there.
So many persons run away from blogging because of this stage. They feel it’s difficult to set up a blog. Truth is, it’s now much easier! You don’t necessarily need to hire a web designer or programmer to get your blog running.
This guide will show you how to set up your profitable food blog, even if you’re not tech-savvy!
Happy now? Well then, let’s go!
- Domain name — This is your blog’s name. It the first thing people use, to identify you. For your food blog, you will need a suitable domain name that will be in line with your blog’s message.
While choosing your domain name, do keyword research, and pick out the suitable ones. You don’t need to rush it. Take your time and come up with something unique. It’s your identity and can’t be changed easily.
If you ever get stuck, you can as well, use a blog name generator.
Before choosing your name, use these factors:
- It must be unique
- Should be memorable and catchy
- Avoid using ambiguous words
- Avoid the use of numbers and hyphens (they make it look spammy)
- Use keywords related to your niche
- Web hosting — for your blog to go live and be seen, you will need a hosting service. This is where your blog lives — it is “hosted” online.
For hosting service, I recommend Bluehost. It has special features that make the blogging experience a beautiful one. Bluehost is affordable, easy to set up, and has good customer service. Upgrade and start with a plan — according to your budget.
For Hosting: I Recommend Bluehost
- Installing WordPress — one benefit of using Bluehost is that WordPress, your blogging platform will be installed for you. With WordPress, you can easily tweak your blog to suit your style.
There are different amazing themes — both free and paid — to help add beauty and give your food blog a wonderful appearance.
Also, there are various plugins installed already. Pick out the essential ones and add functionality to your blog.
It’s very easy to start your food blog and make it go live. I have also written a detailed post on how to start a blog. Check it out and see how to set up everything “techy.”
Your food blog is nothing without content. For you to grow and become successful, you need valuable and compelling content that will attract visitors to your blog.
Give out food tips, recipes, meal plans, etc. These are what your audience needs. Your content should solve a problem and make your audience run back for more.
You’re a food blogger, hence you don’t need the sound too formal. Connect with your audience and give out content that can easily be understood. This is why you need to use simple words that are related to the food industry.
For your food blog, there are various forms of content:
- Texts — using texts, you can create content by writing tips for your audience. Your texts should be easily understood. Make every post detailed and write explicitly. This will help your audience blend with your message.
- Pictures — of course, you will need pictures for your blog. It could be pictures of various foods in diverse places. Your photos should be clear and bright. Avoid dull and blurry images. If you can’t take perfect photos, maybe you can hire a photographer. If you can, then move on! You may not necessarily need a digital camera. If you have a good smartphone, you’re good to go.
- Videos — share videos of both yourself cooking, preparing meals, or even eating! Your audience will blend better with videos. You should, however, make sure that your video is properly compressed be avoid slow loading. If you can’t deal with videos, just stick to pictures and texts. They’re a lot easier to organize.
You may lose your audience if your content doesn’t pass the right message. This is why you need to be intentional about every post you make out there.
Make plans for your content and organize your blog. Be consistent and try to be unique. You don’t have to copy or steal other bloggers’ works. Be creative and give your best shot.
You don’t need to rush it. Take your time and come up with something good. It doesn’t have to be perfect. You will grow with time — you’re just starting!
Before clicking the “publish” button, you have to go through your content and make it is fit for public viewing. If you’re so stuck with content creation, you can as well, hire content strategists to help you organize your blog. They could be writers, graphic designers, video editors, etc.
So, now you’ve known how to create content for your blog, let’s check out how your content will attract more visitors.
Content creation is good but it’s so useless when you have no one to read your posts or make use of what you give out. When you blog about food, your audience should take your tips and make use of them.
When you have an audience, you will end up creating content in vain. Will you love to make all your efforts a waste? Impossible!
This is why you need to seek ways to generate traffic to your food blog. You need visitors to constantly access your blog and make use of what you put out there. Here are some ways you can get visitors to go through your blog:
- SEO practices — SEO means Search Engine Optimization. With the best SEO practices, you should be able to optimize your blog and make it visible to visitors. Do keyword research and know what your potential audience needs. You don’t necessarily need to be an SEO expert. Just get the basics and your blog rank high on search engines. Check out my posts on SEO tips. You will learn every trick you need to tweak your blog posts to make them easily seen.
- Social media — it’s true that SEO sometimes can be a bit tricky. Yes, the competition is so much and as such, you need a plan B. Work on your social media handles, get followers and show them what you do in your blog. Share your newest posts and make them access it. You need to engage and connect with them. This way, you will have your own audience (or followers).
You can as well, generate enough traffic to your blog using these means:
- Guest posting
- Joining various groups
- Connecting with fellow bloggers
- Using ads
Monetize your Food Blog
While it’s okay to blog for fun and write wonderful stories about foods, you also have the opportunity to make money from it. Unless you’re not intentional about blogging and wish to “just blog,” you should seek monetization options.
It’s not difficult to make money while blogging. You just need time. You have to be patient and consistent. It’s not magic.
This is why you don’t need to make money your no. 1 priority. If you focus on money, you will lose concentration and won’t go far. Just keep giving valuable content and generating traffic.
Without traffic, you won’t be able to make money from your blog and without valuable content, you won’t have the right audience.
Here are some ways to make money from your food blog:
- Guest posting
- Sponsored posts
- Digital products
- Seminars and webinars
- Displaying ads
- Coaching and consulting sessions
There are so many other ways, not listed here. Check them out on how to make money blogging.
Did you carefully go through this guide? Congrats! You’re one step to becoming an amazing food blogger. Remember, VALUABLE CONTENT — TRAFFIC — MONEY!
Work on your skills and keep doing better. Do not relent. Be consistent. You will surely get there; I’m rooting for your success!
Do you like this wonderful guide?
You can also check out some good food blogging tips from cookieandkate
You can show your love by sharing this on your favorite social media platform. Tell your friends and let’s blog about food!
Got any questions or contributions? Let me know via the comments section. I won’t fail to give my most sincere reply.