It may interest you to know that the world is gradually going digital and more “techy” things are introduced daily—you know that already!
Do you love the tech world and have access to information about it? Well, you can start your tech blog.
Does that seem so difficult? I don’t think so. You can actually do it and that’s exactly why I have come up with the wonderful guide, to help you become that tech blogger. Not only starting, but you will also learn how to build and grow your blog to gain traffic and make money.
Tech blogging is great because you’re actually talking about what people want and it’s a fast-paced niche. You have a lot to talk about: tech news, new gadgets, tutorials, tips, how-tos, etc.
If you’re tech-savvy, you might want to consider this a great opportunity to show whatever you have and share it with a global audience. With your blog on technological matters, you have a platform for giving out useful content to help solve the problems of your audience.
So many persons are lost in this digital age and may find some techy things a bit difficult. You surely have a solution to this, share it!
With your tech blog, you’re seen as an expert and authority in your field, and when a problem arises, your audience knows where to find you.
Gaining enough traffic to your blog, you become popular and rewarded for your amazing works. You also have great opportunities to make money from your blog. So, why shouldn’t you start that blog, now?Tech blogging is not just confined to a particular age, race, or gender. You can start and grow, provided you have basic tech knowledge which is valuable and can meet a pressing need. Click To Tweet
That being said, it’s time to create a blog! Ready? Well then, let’s get started.
Get your writing pad and don’t forget to take notes.
How to Start a Tech Blog
As said earlier, you will need a platform for sharing your tips: you need to start your blog.
So many persons run away from blogging because of the fear of facing numerous difficult tasks. If you want to become a tech blogger, you don’t need to be afraid. These steps will not only help you start but you will also learn how to project your blog to meet the right audience and make money.
Truth is, blogging is now made easier. You don’t necessarily need to become a programmer or web designer; and you don’t need to hire one either. You can do it yourself.
In as much as blogging is now easier, you will still need to follow due processes. You will need hours of commitment and dedication to fully make your blog grow.
With this wonderful guide, you will become the newest tech blogger in cyberspace! Don’t go away, yet.
Take note of these steps to help you start your tech blog:
- Find a tech blogging niche
- Launch your blog
- Create content
- Generate traffic
- Monetize your tech blog
Find a tech niche
It’s a wonderful thing to have a broad knowledge of diverse areas but your blog doesn’t need that.
The tech world is saturated with so many niches and you have to locate one. Starting with a very broad niche will make you lost in the tech world because you don’t have a target audience.
Without a niche, you will not be known for anything. Also, you will be flooded with so many topics to write about—new things come out every day!
As a result, you will lose focus and your blog will look disorganized.
Choosing a particular tech niche, however, will help you have a specific audience and message. You will be able to deliver detailed information about your ideas—you’re being specific.
If you want to locate a niche, you can as well, use these tips to help you locate a perfect niche for your blog:
- Passion, interest, and skills: in locating your desired niche, look out for what you’re passionate about. Blogging is a long-term activity and if you are not happy with what you’re doing, you will get tired, easily.
Your passion defines your “why” and this is what keeps you going, even when you feel like quitting. If you’re not interested in techy stuff, blogging will seem like a very great and boring task. This is why you don’t need to put so much focus on making money, at first.You also need to have the necessary skills for your niche. Have the necessary technical skills to enable you to have good blogging experience. If you lack the skills, you will struggle while blogging and you might as well, waste… Click To Tweet
- Market demand: your blog needs an audience and as such, your niche will determine that. If you’re looking for a profitable niche, it should be something that people want.
You should be able to give apt solutions to your audience’s problems. If your tech blog niche doesn’t solve any problem, then it’s not needed.
Do keyword research and know what’s in the market. You should have the knowledge of what people are looking for. If it’s a well-known niche, then you can go into it. This will take off the stress of always struggling to get the audience for your blog.
- Competition: one major factor that affects the growth of your blog is competition. If you find yourself in a competitive niche, it may be a bit difficult to generate enough traffic to your blog.
Of course, there are thousands of other bloggers in your niche; you’re not the only one. If it’s a less competitive niche, you may be able to grow faster.
You need to know your competition, so as to devise a healthy blogging strategy. If you don’t know who’s in the market, you won’t be able to have a good plan. Know your competitors and look for ways to do better.
With these, you will be able to give valuable content and attract the right audience.
Take a look at some wonderful tech niches you can start from. Being that the tech niche is so broad, I will simply outline six categories. They include:
- Construction: this deals with designing, development, and crafting. It could be on construction tools and equipment, how to use them, and how to get them.
- Transportation: technology has made transportation easier. If you’re passionate about this area, you can start a blog on a wide range of topics. From various transportation media to vehicles, machines, uses, reviews, etc.
- Energy/Power: we use power, daily. However, so many persons find it difficult to manage their devices. As a tech blogger in this category, you will have to help your audience with useful tips to make them enjoy safe power and energy at homes and offices.
- Communication: this is, by far, the largest tech niche. Everyone communicates and you’re reading this because it was communicated! start mobile phone to PCs, and every other tech gadget in the communication line. You can start and build your blog with this.
- Manufacturing: products are launched daily and some machines are used to launch them. Starting a blog on this will take you into the world of production and manufacturing. You should know the machines used for the production and manufacturing of various products. Your audience needs them.
- Bio-related: there are tech products for bio-related matters. It could be health gadgets: weight loss, mental health, fitness, etc. It could be a “mini” health blog. As long as it talks about everything related to life and technology.
There are, however, so many other niches in the tech world. You might want to choose one and start from there.
If you haven’t gotten a niche, you can as well, take your time to locate one. Don’t rush it. You wouldn’t want to jump into something and rush out at the end of the day.
Now, it’s time to get your blog running!
Launch your Blog
Launching your tech blog is one great step you will have to take before think of every other thing. It is one of this hardest part but do not worry, I got you covered.
For you to successfully share whatever you have you will need a platform to share it. You can’t blog about just anywhere.
It’s very good to start with social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., but these platforms are owned by various individuals and you don’t have full rights over your content.
If you solely depend on them, you might lose them someday, when the policy changes or you go against the terms.
This is the same for free blogging platforms (e.g. website.wordpress.com or website.wix.com). These sites look unprofessional and annoyingly long. If you’re going to be very intentional about blogging, you truly need to upgrade to a paid plan and have your blog hosted.
This is where everything “techy” comes in but that shouldn’t be a problem for you, should it? Of course, you’re a tech blogger!
With your platform, your audience will be able to access whatever content you wish to share.
Check out these steps to help you launch your platform:
- Web hosting: your blog will have a little house in cyberspace. Your hosting service do this. Find a good hosting plan and upgrade your blog, to make it go live. For a suitable hosting service, I recommend Bluehost. It is affordable and easy to set up.
For Hosting: I Recommend Bluehost
- Domain name: this is your blog name (e.g. bloggerlifeline.com). For your tech blog, you can come up with something great, attractive, and catchy. You might want to think over it because you will have a whole lot of ideas in your head already.
Just look out for your niche and brand message. Your domain name should revolve around it.
- Installing WordPress: one benefit of signing up with Bluehost is that WordPress—your blogging platform—will be installed freely, for you. Also, your blog will need an amazing appearance. Getting a suitable theme for your blog, will not only create an attractive blog but will also boost your blog for a great reading experience.
There are lots of themes out there (free and paid). Get the one that is suitable and set it up for your blog. If you’re also looking for a way to add functionality to your blog, plugins will help you do that. There are so many plugins available, but ensure to use only essential ones.
These are just the basic things you need to fully set up your tech blog.
Worried about the terms? Don’t worry, I got you covered. I have carefully written a well-detailed article on how to start a blog. This will take you to the basic steps needed to fully launch your blog and make it go LIVE!
You already know that your blog thrives on engaging, valuable, and attractive content. For you to stand out in the crowd, you will need a voice—your content does that.
Of you fail to give out quality content, you will lose your audience to the competition. Invest highly on content creation. It’s what keeps your blog running.
For your tech blog, your content may vary and come in different ways, including news, reviews, how-tos, tutorials, etc. Find out what you can perfectly do and create content around it. Whatever you do, be consistent!
You can create content through these forms:
- Texts: for texts, you will have to write great content that will be useful to your audience. It shouldn’t be too formal. And your words should not be ambiguous. Use familiar words and be able to connect with your audience.
- Photos — spice up your blog with beautiful pictures of various tech gadgets. Avoid blurry images, they will make you look unprofessional. You can also have a gallery, where you display photos of various machines or products. It’s your content!
- Videos — of course, videos cannot be taken away from the content. You might choose to use videos (as vloggers do). Your audience may resonate better with something they can view and connect with. Just make sure your videos are low in size and memory. They shouldn’t take up much space in your blog; it may make your blog slow.
Check out the perfect content for your blog and make sure it’s suitable for your audience.Write the best content before publishing. It may not be perfect, just keep getting better. Don’t rush it. Click To Tweet
Your tech blog is not meant for you alone—not even for your friends alone too. It should be a global blog.
This is why you need to invest highly in traffic generation. You will need to make your blog go “viral.” Would you love to give out wonderful tech tips and have no one read them? I’d rather not.
So how can you generate traffic to your blog?
- SEO Practices: SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. You will need to optimize your blog, for it to rank high on search engines. Do keyword research and push your blog above the competition and make visitors spot it easily.
You don’t need to be an SEO expert to do this. Just have the basic knowledge. Check out my post on the best SEO practices. It will guide you on everything you need to know about optimizing your blog.
- Social media — you may not put much time on SEO (but you still need to). You can as well, share your wonderful posts on various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
To get more visitors to your blog, put them out on platforms you use, and get your followers to check out your new posts.
Other means of generating traffic to your blog include guest posting, joining groups, having an email list, etc. Also, your content will determine the kind of visitors that will come to your blog.
Give out quality content and watch how visitors will flock your blog. If your blog is not valuable, no one will need it and you will lose your audience to the competition.
Monetize your tech blog
Would you spend time creating content and generating traffic, and let it go in vain? That’s not good.
Would you love to be rewarded for your efforts? Great! Then you have to seek for ways to make money from your blog.
You can blog for fun and forget everything about making money, but you can also make money while having fun!
There are so many ways to make money blogging. You will, however, have to note that it may take time before you receive your first $1. You just have to be consistent and put out your best.
You can monetize through the following means:
- Selling ads
- Sponsored posts
- Guest posting
- Affiliate marketing
- Selling digital products
- Hosting paid webinars, seminars, etc.
I have also given out a more detailed post on how to make money blogging. Check it out and explore amazing ways to monetize your tech blog!
You have successfully completed this amazing guide on how to start up your profitable Tech blog!
Are you ready to become intentional and transform your passion to profit? Take this guide and follow all due process. Don’t rush it.
Blogging requires consistency. Just keep giving out the great value and with time, you will be rewarded for it.
Congrats! You’re now a tech blogger!
If you truly like this, why not share to let your friends know about it. Confused in any way? Got any questions or suggestions? Use our ever-friendly comment section and I will gladly leave a reply.
Cheers to greatness!