How would you love to teach people about money? Can you really share helpful tips on how people can save or use money? If yes, then you need a blog to easily pass valuable information on money matters: budgeting, saving, spending, avoiding debts, etc.
With your super money blog, you can share what you know and save a life! Do you want to start one today? Great, because I have written this beautiful guide on how you can start a personal finance blog and still make money from it.
Isn’t that wonderful? I’m sure you would love to read on to know what’s in store for you. With this amazing guide, your knowledge of financial matters is no longer a waste.
Do you need a personal finance blog?
Yes! Your personal finance blog will help you expose certain tips concerning the world of money. If you’re financially literate, it’s advisable to help others get to where you are and avoid misusing money. This is where your blog comes in.You can use your blog to generate an audience and give them your information, even in the comfort of your home. No stress! Click To Tweet
Tips on personal finance are something most persons will love to hear or read about. More questions like these are asked on daily basis: “How can I save effectively?” “How can I stop borrowing?” “How can I become rich?” “How can I make a budget?”
Do you have answers to those questions? Great! You’re very important in society.
Why you should blog on financial matters
Having a blog on financial issues will make you versatile because you will have the opportunity to take note of various financial crises around you and how to end them.
With this, you will be well-known and highly sought after. Helping people come out of debt and becoming wealthy is one thing that can generate massive traffic to your blog.
Also, you have a bazillion number of ways to make money from blogging. So you see, it’s never a waste after all.
One super reason you should start your personal finance blog immediately is that it’s not limited to any age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, etc. You can start yours now!
Virtually anyone can start a blog. You don’t necessarily need to be a tech guru. You just need a basic knowledge about the internet and technological gadgets: laptops, smartphones, cameras, etc.
So, do you really wish to start now?
That’s it! Well then, let’s ride!
How to start your personal finance blog
So many persons run away from blogging because of the fear of facing numerous difficult tasks. If you want to become a personal finance blogger, you don’t need to be afraid. (You’re reading this!)
Truth is, blogging is now made easier. You don’t necessarily need to become a programmer or web designer; and you don’t need to hire one either. You can do it yourself.
With this wonderful guide, you will become the newest personal finance blogger in cyberspace!
Let’s go through the steps:
- Find a personal finance niche
- Launch your blog
- Create valuable content
- Generate traffic
- Monetize your personal finance blog
Find a Personal Finance Niche
It is very tasking and difficult to write on everything you know about personal finance. When talking about money, there are so many topics you will need to cover before getting to the end.
You can’t exhaust all the ideas in a single blog. This is why you need to be specific while blogging on financial issues.
You won’t succeed as a generalist and you will gradually lose your audience because you’re practical “everyone’s blogger!” Worse still, you won’t be taken seriously.
Also, you will not be able to concentrate without a niche, as you will be flooded with a plethora of content ideas that will end up making your blog look untidy. Your reader will become confused and you won’t know how to structure your content: because you’re not focused.This is why it is very vital for you to have a niche. A niche a specified area, where you dominate. It is where you have your full rights and authority. In your niche, you have full details of whatever content you create. Click To Tweet
So, do you really want to locate your niche in personal finance now? Don’t worry, we got you covered. Use these helpful tips to guide you, when choosing a niche for your blog.
- Passion, interest, and skills: if you don’t like money talks, then you’re not fit to become a financial blogger. This is the same as finding a niche even in the world of spending and saving.
Your passion drives you towards your goal and if you ever feel like giving up, you are stirred up again. Find out what you love most. Also, look out for your interest. You will have a joyful blogging experience when you start with what you’re interested in.
If you start with something you’re not passionate about, it will be very difficult to stay focused and have an end goal. Blogging is a long-term activity and you wouldn’t want to stop halfway, would you? Never!
You will also need the necessary skills to be able to properly handle your blog. Without these skills, you may spend so much and not be able to recover them easily.
- Market demand: it will be so painful to start blogging about a particular aspect of personal finance and have no one to follow you (they probably don’t need it!).
This is one important thing to note before carving out a niche for your blog. The market demand for your niche will help you generate the right audience and create valuable content around it.
Without market research, you may create the right content but will have no one to make use of them.
- Competition: this is a very essential point to note while locating your desired niche. It is very obvious that you are not the only personal finance blogger in the world.
There are so many other bloggers like you, too. Having knowledge of this will help you structure your content to be able to stand out and beat the competition.
Blogging about a competitive niche will require much effort to stand out. It may take more time before you can be seen and heard. A less competitive niche, however, may not take that long.
Knowing the competition will help you know what to blog about; you need to stand out!
It’s not that difficult the locate a profitable niche for your blog. These tips will help you out.
If you’re still struggling to locate a niche, don’t worry, keep trying so many things. You will surely get the right-click, with time.
10+ niches in the personal finance industry to create a blog around
- Budgeting: while blogging, you can help your audience set the right budget and spend wisely
- Debt: hate debt? Great. If you know how to come out of bad debts, this is a great way to start your blog.
- Early retirement: individuals who retire early in life will need financial knowledge to keep up. If you’re good with this, keep it up.
- Investing: know about safe investment practices? Share them. Your audience will be thankful.
- Family/lifestyle: become a lifestyle blogger and share stories of your financial life. This may be of great help to someone out there.
These and so many other niches such as:
- General finance
- Making money
- Real estate
- Traditional retirement
- Stock investing
- Saving money
Find out what works best for you and start blogging! Don’t rush it. Just take your time and get what you want.
Now, let’s get started with the techy stuff.
Launch your Blog
For you to successfully share whatever you have you will need a platform to share it. You can’t blog about personal finance just anywhere.
It’s very good to start with social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., but these platforms are owned by various individuals and you don’t have full rights over your content.
If you solely depend on them, you might lose them someday, when the policy changes or you go against the terms.
This is the same for free blogging platforms (e.g. website.wordpress.com or website.wix.com). These sites look unprofessional and annoyingly long. If you’re going to be very intentional about blogging, you truly need to upgrade to a paid plan and have your blog hosted.
With your platform, your audience will be able to access whatever content you wish to share.
Check out these steps to help you launch your platform:
- Choose a domain name: a domain name is your blog name (e.g. bloggerlifeline.com). With your domain name, you’re easily known. It is your identity. It’s what people have at heart when they think of your brand.
For your domain name, you need something that is easy and simple. Don’t bore your audience with ambiguous words that will make them run away.
Simplemoney.com is a lot easier than makesimplemoneyandgetrich.com. Would you do that? Here are tips for choosing a domain name:
- Must be unique
- Easy to spell
- Must be catchy
- Not too ambiguous
- Not more than 3 words
- Avoid using numbers or hyphens
- Must be related to your niche
If you’re still finding it difficult, it’s fine. It’s not al that easy to get a name for a blog. Just gather specific keywords and come up with something unique or you can as well, use a blog name generator whenever you get stuck.
- Choose a hosting service: with a web hosting service, you house your blog and give it a “home” on cyberspace. Your web hosting service is a site server that has the ability to power your site and probably solve certain problems that may arise with continued usage.
For Hosting: I Recommend Bluehost
For a perfect hosting service, I prefer Bluehost. They are affordable, easy to set up, and have amazing customer service. Also, you get a free domain name when you register with Bluehost.
- Install WordPress: this is your main platform and with Bluehost too, WordPress is automatically installed for you! Set up your account and add a suitable theme to improve your blog appearance. You can as well, install essential plugins to add functionality to your blog.
These processes might sound vague. Don’t worry. We got you covered. Check out this post on how to start a blog. You will learn the step-by-step procedures about everything techy!
Create Valuable Content
As a personal finance blogger, this is the most crucial aspect of your blog. Without content, your blog is empty and has no value. For you to generate traffic and become known, you should have valuable content to help you scale through.
Your content is food for your blog. This is why you should invest highly in content generation. Of course, what is your blog without content?
Your content says to your audience, “Hey! Take this, it’s the best advice!” With this, you will be seen as an authority in your field. For your blog to grow you need attractive, compelling, and valuable content.
You can use various forms of content for your personal finance blog:
- Texts: you can use written texts to easily share your ideas. This way, you write whatever story, strategy, tip, experience, etc., you wish to share. Take note of the words you use and avoid ambiguous words. Connect with your audience and make them easily understand your point.
- Pictures: aside written content, you can as well, use pictures (infographics), to state your message. While using pictures, make them sharp and easy to understand. Avoid blurry pictures. It’s a turn-off!
- Videos: using videos too, is a great way to connect better with your audience. Have a good camera and record your events (content). Your message can be easily understood.
- Audios: audios too work! Share your stories and explain in details, whatever you wish to share. Say it out loud!
You can use one or a combination of all forms of content. Whichever way, try as much as possible to make sure your audience understands your message.If you can’t create content for your blog, you can as well, hire a content writer to structure your blog. Click To Tweet
Blogging is a heavy task and if you don’t organize your content, you will get overwhelmed. You don’t need to rush it. Take your time and ensure that you come out with the best.
4. Generate Traffic
Your personal finance blog is not meant for you alone—not even for your friends alone too. It is a global blog. For you to succeed, you will need to have a great audience. It will make you seen and heard.
This is why you need to invest highly in traffic generation. You will need to make your blog go “viral.” Would you love to write reviews and have no one read them? I’d rather not.
So how can you generate traffic to your blog?
- SEO Practices — SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. You will need to optimize your blog, for it to rank high on search engines. Do keyword research and push your blog above the competition and make visitors spot it easily.
You don’t need to be an SEO expert to do this. Just have the basic knowledge. Check out my post on the best SEO practices. It will guide you on everything you need to know about optimizing your blog.
- Social media — you may not put much time on SEO (but you still need to). You can as well, share your wonderful posts on various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
To get more visitors to view your products, put them out on platforms you use and get your followers to check out your new posts.
Other means of generating traffic to your blog include guest posting, joining groups, having an email list, etc. Also, your content will determine the kind of visitors that will come to your blog.
Give out quality content and watch how visitors will flock your blog.
5. Monetize Your Personal Finance Blog
Would you spend time creating content and generating traffic, and let it go in vain?
Would you love to be rewarded for your efforts? Great! Then you have to seek for monetizing options.
You can blog for fun and forget everything about making money, but you can also make money while having fun!
There are so many ways to make money blogging. You will, however, have to note that it may take time before you receive your first $1. You just have to be consistent and put out your best.
You can monetize through the following means:
- Selling ads
- Sponsored posts
- Guest posting
- Affiliate marketing
- Selling digital products
- Hosting paid webinars, seminars, etc.
I have also given out a more detailed post on how to make money blogging. Check it out and explore amazing ways to monetize your personal finance blog!
You have successfully completed this amazing guide on how to start up your profitable personal finance blog!
Are you ready to become intentional and transform your passion to profit? Take this guide and follow all due process. Don’t rush it.Blogging requires consistency. Just keep giving out the great value and with time, you will be rewarded for it. Click To Tweet
Congrats! You’re now a personal finance blogger!
Do you like this? Don’t forget to share and let your friends know about this today. Confused in any way? Got any questions or suggestions? Use our ever-friendly comment section and I will gladly leave a reply.
Have you followed my blog? Do so now! Don’t miss out on any blogging tip.
Cheers to greatness!